Sunday, December 14, 2014

Tip 7: Cut cable TV or satellite TV

Tip 7: Cut cable TV or satellite TV

A big expense for most households is cable TV or satellite TV.  I was paying over $100 per month for satellite TV before I came to my senses.  I turned off my service and got an indoor HD TV antenna instead.  I can get several network stations in HD plus a number of public television channels.  This provides live news and sports plus some TV programming.  I also get streaming video from Netflix, Hulu and Amazon for about $8 per month each.  Over time, cutting cable or satellite TV will save thousands of dollars.  I was nervous about cutting the cord, but it went fine.  We didn't even miss it very much.

Cutting satellite or cable TV is another example of breaking an expensive habit to save money.  I had been paying for satellite TV for years- it had become a habit.  I would turn the TV on in the background even if I wasn't watching it.  If I wanted to watch TV, I would spend a lot of time flipping through the many channels available looking for something interesting to watch.  This all sounds pretty stupid now that I have broken this habit.  If you can break the cable TV / satellite TV habit, you can save lots of money and have more free time to do something useful- like write a free book on saving money!

***~~~***

Next Tip
Previous Tip
TOC


Copyright © 2014 by Dr. Penny Pincher.  All Rights Reserved.  Privacy Policy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent Penny Pincher Posts