Sunday, December 14, 2014

Tip 29: Drop newspapers and magazines

Tip 29: Drop newspapers and magazines

There is lots of free news and articles available on the internet.  Dropping the daily newspaper was one of my first reactions a few years ago in the economic downturn around 2008.  I like getting a newspaper, but it is not really necessary for me.  I still buy a Saturday newspaper most weekends- I like the coupons, and having newspaper around is handy for starting fires and to use to protect surfaces during painting projects.
I still get a few magazines, many subscriptions work out to about $1 per issue.  Magazine subscriptions were another area that I cut back in 2008.  I had gradually subscribed to more magazines without eliminating any and was receiving more than I actually read every month.  I liked them all, but did not need them all.  There are all kinds of interesting things you can read on the internet free at any time.  Tip #101 has a good suggestion for free reading material that can help replace newspapers or magazines.

***~~~***

Next Tip
Previous Tip
TOC


Copyright © 2014 by Dr. Penny Pincher.  All Rights Reserved.  Privacy Policy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent Penny Pincher Posts