Sunday, December 14, 2014

Tip 48: Free stuff

Tip 48: Free stuff

You can find all sorts of things for free.  Sometimes people what to get rid of something that is not worth selling, but is too good to just throw away.  I once got a bunch of wheat from a neighbor to feed my sheep.  The wheat was stale and he didn't have a use for it, but my sheep liked it just fine.  It kept them fed for months.  During late summer, you can usually find people who are giving away tomatoes, zucchini, and other garden produce that they have in overabundant amounts.  I once picked up some nice fence panels along the road with a sign that said “Free” on the pile.  My wife spotted a basketball hoop with a sign that said “Free” on it.  We ended up painting it and it looked great installed next to our driveway.

Sometimes you get can get lucky and find free things just walking or driving around.  Something about a sign that says “Free” always gets my attention for at least a moment.  You can check the free section on craigslist or frecycle to find free building materials and odds and end that may be useful.

Free is hard to beat, but can cause clutter.  I don't take free stuff unless I need it.  It is easy to accumulate too much stuff when it is free.

***~~~***

Next Tip
Previous Tip
TOC


Copyright © 2014 by Dr. Penny Pincher.  All Rights Reserved.  Privacy Policy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent Penny Pincher Posts