Sunday, December 14, 2014

Tip 72: Use old clothes for rags

Tip 72: Use old clothes for rags

Old T-shirts, sweatpants, and sweatshirts make great rags to use for cleaning and when working on your car.  Use scissors to cut the rags up into convenient sizes and put them away for when you need them.  I recently had my son help me cut up rags from old clothes.  While we were working, I told him the story I read about how Lizzy Borden's father was frugal and made his rich daughters cut up old clothes to make rags, which embarrassed them.  I think Mr. Borden made the girls cut rags a day or so before the infamous events that inspired this rhyme:

"Lizzie Borden took an ax
And gave her mother forty whacks.
When she saw what she had done,
She gave her father forty-one."

Anyway, I still think cutting up old clothes to make rags is a useful thing to do.  You can save money by making rags in two ways.  First, you don't need to buy rags.  Second, rags are reusable if you wash them, so you don't need to buy paper towels.

***~~~***

Next Tip
Previous Tip
TOC


Copyright © 2014 by Dr. Penny Pincher.  All Rights Reserved.  Privacy Policy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent Penny Pincher Posts