Sunday, December 14, 2014

Tip 94: Save hardware odds and ends

Tip 94: Save hardware odds and ends

Save spare hardware, odds and ends.  You'll be more likely to do projects and will spend less time and fuel driving to the store.  I remember when I was young and a new home owner, how nice it was the first time I was able to do a small home improvement project without running to the store at all.

Once you have some basic tools and materials on hand, you can do projects without spending time and money to go to the store.  Eventually, I accumulated a good collection of hand tools.  I got some from my parents, bought some, got some as presents, and got some that were left behind at houses I moved into.  I actually ended up with extra tools and took some to be sold at an auction.  The same thing happened with hardware.  Whenever I did a project, I would have extra screws and nails left over.

Just today, I installed a joist-mounted pull-up bar.  I installed it in some big beams and bought some lag bolts to install it instead of the bolts that came with it.  I added the spare bolts to my hardware stockpile.

***~~~***

Next Tip
Previous Tip
TOC


Copyright © 2014 by Dr. Penny Pincher.  All Rights Reserved.  Privacy Policy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent Penny Pincher Posts