Sunday, December 14, 2014

Tip 2: Save big at Kohl’s

Tip 2: Save big at Kohl’s

Kohl’s is a national chain store that sells clothes and small appliances.  They have lots of clearance sale items and also have great coupons.  Kohl’s has coupons for 15%, 20%, and 30% off that apply to all items in the store, including clearance items.  When I get a 30% coupon, I like to keep it in my wallet in case I need to buy something- 30% off is usually a pretty good deal.  I have picked up some really cheap clothes at Kohl’s from the clearance rack and then 30% more off of the clearance price.  Another benefit of shopping at Kohl’s is Kohl’s cash.  You get $10 Kohl’s Cash for every $50 that can be used during a certain time window.  I once got a nice polo shirt for free with Kohl’s cash I received from buying clearance items.

Believe it or not, I found the hat that I wear in all of my Dr. Penny Pincher photos in the clearance section at Kohl’s.  With all of my coupons, I ended by paying less than $3 for my favorite hat.  It seems really appropriate that Dr. Penny Pincher wears such a cheap hat!

One time, my brother was visiting from out of town and was interested in looking for a coat.  He is particular about the design of the clothes he buys and also insists on spending very little money.  We went to Kohl’s and went through their clearance racks of many, many coats.  We found one that was just right, and not very expensive.  Kohl’s was the right place to shop for clearance coats.

If you have Kohl’s in your area, check it out.  Explore the store and look for the clearance racks and bargain areas- you might be able to find some cheap clothes and good deals there.

Stores give out coupons to make money for the store- how does that work?  The coupons get shoppers into the store who otherwise would not be there.  The store may lose some money on people who buy only items with coupons, but many people will buy other items as well and result in a profit for the store.  The stores know what they are doing- be careful chasing bargains with coupons.  Once you are in the buying mode, you may end up buying extra items and spending more money than you planned as a result of coupons.

***~~~***

Next Tip
Previous Tip
TOC


Copyright © 2014 by Dr. Penny Pincher.  All Rights Reserved.  Privacy Policy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent Penny Pincher Posts