Sunday, December 14, 2014

Tip 3: Save 10% on milk

Tip 3: Save 10% on milk

My local independent grocery store has a punch card for milk.  You get a punch for each gallon you buy.  When you get 10 punches, you get a free gallon.  This is a savings of 10% or about 30 cents per gallon.  The savings on each gallon isn't much, but over time it adds up.  See if you can find a store that is handy and has milk punch cards or other discount programs that you can use to save money.

Some people are not willing to bother carrying coupons or punch cards- it is too much trouble.  I am not one of those people.  I carry a few coupons and punch cards in my wallet all the time, and have probably saved hundreds of dollars over the years doing this.  I have a small accordion file that I use to keep a larger collection of coupons.  Much to the embarrassment of my family, I sometimes carry the accordion file with me in stores when shopping.

A little inconvenience can go a long way.  Whenever I see a punch card or other discount program offered at a store, I check it out.  Often, programs do not help me with items I already purchase, so I don't sign up.  But sometimes I find one that works for me- like the milk punch card.  See if you can find extra discounts that work for you on items you already buy.  I would much rather keep that 30 cents per gallon of milk for myself instead of giving it to the store.

***~~~***

Next Tip
Previous Tip
TOC


Copyright © 2014 by Dr. Penny Pincher.  All Rights Reserved.  Privacy Policy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent Penny Pincher Posts