Sunday, December 14, 2014

Tip 26: Free or cheap hobbies

Tip 26: Free or cheap hobbies

Some hobbies require a lot of money for equipment and expenses.  I try to avoid these.  For me, it is hard to enjoy something that costs a lot of money when I have bills to pay.  I look for free or cheap hobbies that I can enjoy and feel good about.  Some of my favorite cheap hobbies include:

* Walking
* Pets: dogs and cats
* Hiking
* Biking
* Blogging
* Writing
* Gardening
* Reading
* Watching free TV
* Repairing things
* Selling things on eBay, on craigslist, at consignment stores

You’ll notice that some of these hobbies actually can make money.  This book is focused on ways to spend less money- in a future book, I plan to explore easy ways to make money.

Take a look at your hobbies and how much you spend on them.  Consider switching to less expensive hobbies- you may find that you enjoy them more since you have to worry about spending less.

***~~~***

Next Tip
Previous Tip
TOC


Copyright © 2014 by Dr. Penny Pincher.  All Rights Reserved.  Privacy Policy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent Penny Pincher Posts