Sunday, December 14, 2014

Tip 10: Save when eating out

Tip 10: Save when eating out

Of course eating out typically costs more than preparing food at home, but there are ways to save when eating out.  My favorite tips are to drink water, skip appetizers, order smaller amounts, and take home any left-over’s.  Ordering a pop typically costs $2 vs. drinking water which is free.  Water is also a healthy drink and does not contain calories or chemical sweeteners.  Appetizers are tasty and fun, but are typically expensive and have a lot of fat and calories.

Simply ordering less is an easy way to save when eating out- find a reasonable portion instead of ordering the jumbo meals.  Sometimes it bugs my wife, but I like to take home any leftovers from eating out- even if it is a few fries or a bun.  Leftovers make a great snack or meal later, and there is no sense wasting food.
A lunch buffet can be a way to get a lot of food for not a lot of money.  I think I get more than my money's worth at Chinese food buffets.  I try not to go too often, but sometimes I get REALLY hungry.  You can get vegetables and other healthy things at a Chinese buffet, and you can get as much as you want.  Sometimes it is nice to get everything you want.  If you want to save on groceries, go grocery shopping after you have a big meal.  You are less likely to buy extra food and impulse items if you are not hungry at all.

***~~~***

Next Tip
Previous Tip
TOC


Copyright © 2014 by Dr. Penny Pincher.  All Rights Reserved.  Privacy Policy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent Penny Pincher Posts