Friday, January 26, 2018

Rockstar Rumble: Best Money Blog Post of 2017!


I am excited to learn that one of my blog posts has been selected as one of 128 competitors in the Rockstar Rumble tournament to determine the best money blog post of 2017!



Rockstar Rumble Tournament to Choose the Best Blog Post of 2017
Rockstar Rumble Tournament to Choose the Best Blog Post of 2017

My blog post selected to compete in the tournament is "Tightening the Belt: Are You Measuring the Wrong Things?"   This post opens with a puzzling contradiction: I had to tighten my belt, but the scale shows I have not lost any weight.  This contradiction brings a couple questions to mind:


  1. How is it possible to have to literally tighten my belt when I haven't lost any weight and 
  2. What does this have to do with personal finance?

The answers to both of these questions are revealed in this thought-provoking and memorable post!


The winner of "best blog post of 2017" will be selected in the Rockstar Rumble through a series of matches between competing blog posts in a bracket-style tournament.  Readers get to vote on their favorite of the two blog posts in each match to determine the winner.

The first round of the tournament with 128 competitors will be reduced to 64 after the first round, then down to 32 after the second round, etc.

My first face-off in Round 1 is against a post called "6 Hard Truths I Learned About Myself While Getting Out of Debt".  This is a well-written post, and it is organized around a list with a specific number of points which is a popular style these days.

I would be excited to win the match and move on in the tournament where more readers can discover Penny Pincher Journal...  Here is a link to view my entry in the tournament and vote:

Vote for "Belt" in Game 18



Vote for my entry "Belt" in Match 18!
Vote for my entry "Belt" in Game 18!



Thanks for your support!

-Dr. Penny Pincher

Update:
Voting has concluded, and my opponent has won the game, 64 votes to 49 votes.  Congrats to Jenny at goodbetterlife.com.  Thanks to Rockstar Finance for setting up the tournament, and thanks all for participating!


Copyright © 2018 by Dr. Penny Pincher.  All Rights Reserved.  Privacy Policy

1 comment:

Recent Penny Pincher Posts