Sunday, December 14, 2014

Tip 14: Walk instead of drive

Tip 14: Walk instead of drive

I try to walk instead of drive to run errands or go to appointments when I can.  Typical walking speed is about 3 miles per hour, and you can go 4 miles per hour if you walk briskly.  It is sometimes surprising how many places you can walk rather than drive.  You save on fuel and on vehicle wear and tear by walking- plus it is great exercise.  Sometimes I walk about a mile to the grocery store from my office to pick up small items such as coffee beans, shaving cream, etc.  It is not really worth driving to pick up something that can be carried easily.  I have also walked from the auto shop to my office and back when my car is being serviced.  Many shops offer rides, but I like being able to come and go on my own schedule without waiting for someone to give me a ride.

Free transportation is hard to beat.  See if you can find opportunities to walk instead of driving to save money.

***~~~***

Next Tip
Previous Tip
TOC


Copyright © 2014 by Dr. Penny Pincher.  All Rights Reserved.  Privacy Policy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent Penny Pincher Posts